|RESOURCES Persuasive Speech Sample Outline
2. Give them a good reason why my subject is valid
3. Explain why it is important.
Make sure the reasons are good enough to persuade them value your point.
(Try to use both opinions and facts when stating the reasons.
IV. Reason #3
V. Counter argument
1. Show the audience that I understand that there are at least
two sides to every argument.
2. Refute the counter argument.
“I realize that . . . but I believe . . .”
“I understand that you might feel differently about . . . but . . .”
“I am aware of . . . but I urge you to. . .
“Many people might think the opposite . . . but the facts state . . .”
1. Restate my assertion
2. Write a good ending sentence
3. Ask for a specific action.
“I strongly urge you to . . .”
“These facts show that . . .”
|Below this outline
is a complete
explanation of how
to use the blank